The Director of Financial Analysis will oversee preparation and interpretation of Financial and Operational Analytics related to business operations. This position will work closely with the Divisional Directors in monitoring the financial and operational performance of their responsible areas, and will act as a financial advisor and hands-on business partner to the VP and Divisional Managers to improve financial results by analyzing results, monitoring variances, identifying trends and using that data to recommend actions that will support management’s strategies. Will also be responsible for managing quarterly rolling forecasts, annual budget processes, and ad-hoc analyses.
Major areas of responsibility include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
• Manage Accounting Team – 1 Direct report and 5 Indirect Reports
• Participation in divisional executive meetings and corporate business reviews
• Develop and support business relationship with procurement and finance departments for our biggest
• Improve financial results through analysis, monitoring, identifying trends and making
recommendations to divisional executive team.
• Develop financial models to support strategic initiatives.
• Constantly evaluate current CORT businesses to identify non-value added processes and make
recommendations to improve or discontinue.
• Work with available resources to develop appropriate automated reporting and forecasting tools.
• Stay abreast of industry conditions and competitor activities. Prepare and maintain competitor analysis.
• Oversees the review and scrub of monthly financial statements, providing performance gap analysis.
• Review capital expenditure budget proposals and provide management with recommendations.
• Participate in due diligence for acquisitions/new product launches.
• Preparation of quarterly forecasts and annual budgets, including development of business strategy and
tactical recommendations to implement the strategy
• Work with senior management on company projects and new business opportunities
• Work on annual pricing models
• Demonstrate appropriate understanding/working knowledge and application of accounting
principles and internal controls.
• Travel expectations (10-20%)
• Other duties will be assigned as appropriate
• Minimum BS Degree with emphasis in Accounting, Finance or Economics - MBA or advance degree/CFA preferred.
• 3 years managerial/supervisory experience
• The ideal candidate will have 5 to 8 years of work experience and/or training on a national level, preferably in trade show, logistics, hospitality, or other business that served a vendor to other businesses.
• Expert level analytical and financial modeling skills.
• Business intelligence and planning tool software experience.
• Problem structuring and strategic problem solving skills
• The candidate will be a results-driven, self-starter whose sense of urgency is tempered and disciplined by their concern for accuracy and quality of work. Being an inclusive team-building leader, the candidate will have a track record of success in achieving results, and customer satisfaction.
• The ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills and excellent written and oral communication skills, knowing what to say and how to say it.
• High Emotional Intelligence – Superior interpersonal skills and ability to work cross functionally.
• A desire to make and influence company decisions – this is not a caretaker role – change is part of daily life
CORT, a Berkshire Hathaway Company, is the nation’s leading provider of transition services, including furniture rental for home and office, event and trade show furnishings, destination services, apartment locating, touring and other services. CORT Events is the leading nationwide provider of rental furnishings for the exhibit and events industry. From high-profile special events and trade shows, to corporate meetings and weddings, CORT provides the rental furnishings that make exhibitions and events possible. For more information on CORT Events, visit www.CORTevents.com.
CORT offers opportunities for career development, professional growth, a competitive salary, monthly commissions, a comprehensive benefit plan, 401(k) and Profit Sharing, educational expense reimbursement and employee discounts. We provide extensive training and many tools and resources to support a new employee.
CORT conducts drug screening, background checks and MVR checks (if applicable) as a condition of employment. CORT also participates in the E-Verify program.